Four Season Tree Collage
Create a tree collage for any of the four seasons, spring, summer, fall and winter, or for an Arbor Day or Environmental Day craft activity.
This collage activity is also appropriate for Arbor Day, Environmental Day or any other environmental theme.
As a special variation, you can also make a Thanksgiving tree or Prayer tree as described below.
This activity can be done in a group or as an individual activity.
Summer tree collage
Before you startTake the children for a nature walk to collect items such as leaves, blossom, berries, or bark for the tree collage, whatever is available at this time of year. Collect some soil in a small container and wet it to make a little mud.
You will need
1. Draw a tree outline/s on the sheet of paper or poster.
2. Allow your children to paint the tree trunk and branches with the mud. (Alternatively, colour with crayon or use pieces of bark.)
3. Show them how to cut leaf shapes from the coloured paper or gardening magazines that you have provided.
4. Cut flowers from the magazines or flower shapes from the coloured paper.
5. Alternatively, paste the resources from nature that you collected onto the tree.
Spring - paste green leaves and tiny blossoms on the tree
Summer - glue on plenty of leaves and fruit on the tree
Fall - paste orange, red, yellow, gold or brown leaves on the tree
Winter - leave the tree bare or glue on cotton wool as snow
1. Make large green leaves to paste on the tree.
1. Write your children's or family's prayer requests on large blossoms and paste them on the tree.
This papier mache' earth craft is a great project for Earth Day or an introduction to an Around the World geography theme.
Six fall crafts for kids including collage, two birdfeeders and environmental activities.
Find dozens of other preschool crafts listed in categories: painting, drawing, modelling and cutting and pasting activities.
New! CommentsHave your say! Leave a comment in the box below.
Get kids craft ideas submitted by visitors to this site.
See what others have shared, comment and get inspired here!
Upload a photo and share your kids' craft activities too!
[?] Subscribe To This Site
Bookmark Site?Use the button below, to add it to your favorite bookmarking service.
Copyright © 2013, Shirleys Preschool Activities.com|
All Rights Reserved.