While packing up to move house, I started using rubber bands to organize and stack things together so they would be secure and safe while packed in the moving boxes.
I used up the few I had so I bought a packet of elastic bands at the stationery store and now that I have them I am wondering how I ever could have been without them. I seem to be using them everywhere, but especially on the kids toys.
I used the rubber bands to:
- stack cards from board games together so they won't slide around
- keep the lids of the board games securely on the boxes
- keep lids of puzzles on the boxes
- stack envelopes containing old photos into a pile
- stack all the packs of card and flashcards together in piles
- tie a container with pencils standing in it into a secure bunch
...and so the list goes on.
I think rubber bands will now be a standard organizing item in my household!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Preschool Ideas.