Pinwheel Paper Craft
Follow these instructions to make a pinwheel paper craft - an easy craft for kids.
A stars and stripes pinwheel
Make a patriotic pinwheel and also do science for kids by demonstrating the effect of moving air on sails.
You will need
card for each child
1. Trim the piece of paper or card until it is a square, with sides equal to the width of the page.
2. Color one side blue and stick white star stickers on it. Color the other side in alternating red and white stripes.
3. Fold the square in half diagonally, each way, so that you have two diagonal folds which cross in the centre of the page.
4. Cut along the folds, but stop at least 3cm / 1,5 inches from the centre, as shown by the dotted lines in the diagram. The page should now look like 4 triangles joined at the centre.
5. Take one corner of each triangle and fold it over until the point is on the centre of the square.
6. Now prick the pin through all four points and through the centre of the page and stick it into the blunt end of a pencil.
7. Wave it in the air or blow on it, to get the sails to rotate. Loosen the pin slightly if necessary to allow the sails to turn more freely.
Get ideas for easy crafts for kids submitted by visitors to this site. You are invited to upload a pic and share your kids' preschool arts and crafts too!
Introduce your children to the map, flag, Statue of Liberty, American food, stories and more using these American Preschool Theme ideas.
Easy crafts for kids (and adults) including painting, drawing, cutting, pasting, modeling and construction activities.
Discover two key ingredients for college success.
Research shows that these two easy-to-implement preschool activities can make your child successful and influential in later life.
[?] Subscribe To This Site
Copyright © 2005-2020, Shirleys Preschool Activities.com|
All Rights Reserved.
New! CommentsHave your say! Leave a comment in the box below.