Easter Tomb Cookies
The recipe for easter tomb cookies complete with the appropriate Bible verses in a free printable format.
These Easter Tomb Cookies make a great hands-on Bible study about the crucifixion for kids.Make them the evening before, so that they will be ready on the morning of the Resurrection. There is a Bible reading to accompany each action or ingredient that is added to create a multi-sensory learning activity.
They are also known as 'empty tomb cookies'. You will see why!Click here for the tomb cookies - easter recipe printable instructions.
You will need to download
if it is not already installed.
Tomb Cookie Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (or 150 degree C).
2. Place pecans in ziploc bag and let the kids beat them with the wooden spoon to break into small pieces. Explain that after Jesus was arrested, He was beaten by the Roman soldiers.
Read: John 19:1-3. Then Pilate took Jesus and had him flogged. The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head. They clothed him in a purple robe and went up to him again and again, saying, "Hail, king of the Jews!" And they struck him in the face.
3. Let each child smell the vinegar. Add the teaspoon of vinegar into the mixing bowl. Explain that when Jesus was thirsty on the cross He was given vinegar to drink.
Read John 19:28-30. Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
4. Add egg whites to vinegar. Eggs represent life. Explain that Jesus gave His life to give us life....
Click here for the rest of the
easter recipe - tomb cookies.
Easter Activities for Kids
1. Bible Study - The First Passover
2. Movie - Prince of Egypt
3. Easter Recipe - Unleavened Bread
4. Bible Study - Crucifixion and Resurrection
5. Easter Tomb Cookies
6. Easter Poem - Jelly Beans
7. Free Printable Easter Coloring Pages
8. Easter Song
9. Easter Fingerplay
10. Easter Art Activity - Golgotha Silhouette Picture
Discover two key ingredients for college success.
Research shows that these two easy-to-implement preschool activities can make your child successful and influential in later life.
[?] Subscribe To This Site
Copyright © 2005-2020, Shirleys Preschool Activities.com|
All Rights Reserved.
New! CommentsHave your say! Leave a comment in the box below.