Alphabet Unit Studies
(British Columbia, Canada)
When my 2 oldest girls were preschool age, I used to choose an animal, insect or fun topic (e.g. birthdays, fall, beach, farm, etc.) each week and build a unit study. (This was before I knew what a unit study was!)
One week I chose butterflies. Here are some of the activities we did:
- a coloring page featuring B and b, along with pictures of things that start with "b", including a butterfly
- a cutout activity where we taped 2 letter B's back-to-back to look like a butterfly
- used an iron on low to melt crayon shaving sprinkled between 2 pieces of wax paper, cut into a butterfly shape. This made a pretty window hanging
- printed & colored butterfly life cycle sequencing cards from enchantedlearning.com
- butterfly-themed math pages, such as matching, counting, patterns, shapes & finish drawing the butterfly (also from enchantedlearning.com)
- watched YouTube videos of butterflies
Just choose any topic, and you'll be amazed at all the fun free printables and activities you can find on the internet!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Preschool Theme Ideas.